CSES-1000 is an inorganic blend of sodium silicate and meta-silicate chemistries specifically designed for Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR). The proprietary formulatory process results in unique types and ratios of functional silicates within the final product, with the end product containing an industry-leading silicon to sodium ratios in excess of 4:1. As such, the resulting chemical compound has numerous field applications and uses.
HOW IT WORKS
- Improves surfactant efficiency through the removal of hardness ions from reservoir brines, thus reducing adsorption of surfactants on rock surfaces.
- Buffers the system to maintain an optimal pH over a wide range of concentrations
- Converts carboxylic acids and phenolic acids into powerful surfactants to lower interfacial tension
- Enhanced Oil Recovery “Wetting” Agent
- Swelling Control for Formation Clays
- Stabilizing Agent for Hydrogen Peroxide – Delayed Heat Treatments
- Drill Cuttings Treatment/Clean-Up
- Non-Toxic Heavy Metal Precipitating Agent for Waste Water
- General Purpose Waste Water Flocculent
CSES-1000 neutralizes surface charge thus allowing the oil to “release” from the formation substrate.